Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Falling Behind

Well I have been falling behind on blogging lately. We have had a lot going on, but nothing that I will choose to blog about for all the world to hear! The kiddos are doing pretty good this week. Today we went to see Symphony Street at a local church. It was really well done. Lorelei did great and I think she enjoyed it more than Paxton. I thought he would soak it up because he is really into wanting to know more about violins, saxaphones, and other musical instruments. However, he was pretty whiny, but I think he still got something out of it! It was a challenge taking them both myself, plus we knew nobody there!

Today I got some cute pictures of Lorelei sitting in Paxton's lap while they were watching Word World on PBS (great show by the way!) Paxton has been particularly loving towards his little sister lately. Today he helped her up the steps too. He has been working hard on teaching Lorelei her colors and I think she is actually getting it now! It's like a little light bulb went off and not everything is yellow anymore.

Paxton is into the drilling me on every word I say and everything he sees: What does satellite mean? Can I get baptized? Tell me more about ambulances and what they do? What do you mean it is partly cloudy, what does partly mean? It can be taxing sometimes but I do my best to explain. He is full of life and questions, but I guess that is what three year olds do!

1 comment:

digging a hole to China said...

taxing is an understatement. sometimes i have to say, "okay kids, no one talk to me bc my ears are tired. go and talk amongst yourselves." mine really like Word World too. target has toys that go with the characters. we aren't planning to buy any but they are cute. we got boardgames for V day too. Aidyn got Cariboo and Spence got Baloon Lagoon. I think Paxton would really like them. Both are Cranium games. okay our march and april are getting soooooo full. this weekend i have five high school friends coming and that kicks off a full calendar with us hosting family and friends five out of seven weekends. then our last planned event is april 12th in b'ham for a wedding where jeremy is a groomsman. but we are wide open after that until disney in december. i know you have lorelei's party so maybe sometime after that we can get together? maybe in May before everyone else gets out of school?