Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, July 18, 2008

A Surprise Party!

Well amongst the craziness of last weekend was a surprise party for Josh's 30th birthday! (I know I am crazy, right?) I had been planning this party for a long time and did not want to cancel due to Paxton's leg. So we went ahead with it and had a great time! Josh was truly surprised! We had it at Jillian's which is kind of like a grown up Chuck E Cheese- games, food, etc. He knew we were going there because we were supposed to meet some people there from our small group for fellowship. Little did he know that I had invited several others and sent out emails from my "secret" email account that I had to open-since he constantly checks mine!

I told him that I had to work that afternoon for a little bit and that I would meet him there. So I left for "work" and went and got the awesome cake- a big German chocolate cake in the shape of a 30-, balloons, decorations, etc. Everyone got there a little earlier that Josh thought he was supposed to meet me there. He called me when he got there so I could help get Paxton out of the car. We walked in and he had this look on his face, like huh? He first saw some people who were not in our small group and he was like "I didn't know they were coming." And then everyone yelled surprise (which scared poor Lorelei into tears!) and then he got it! We had a great time with lots of kiddos running around! Thanks to all who could attend to help make Josh's birthday special! Here are the few pics I got because I was running around trying to get everything into place, helping kids out, etc.

Josh with Clay and Mike.

Becky, Allison and Robin

Annabelle, Lorelei and Emmie. Lorelei loved hanging out with "the big girls." They were so sweet to her too!

Part of the rowdy boy table in action! I think there was at least one person in time out at this table the whole night!

Happy Birthday Josh! Surprise! (Lorelei is still saying it a week later to her daddy!)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Kim
YOu are amazing to plan a party on top of Paxton's broken leg!! Looks like it was a great time!!
Happy 30th Josh.:)