Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow, snot and sophistication!



We have been quite busy this past week with all that is mentioned in my blog title. Lorelei would be the "snot" part. Not that she is a snot but more like she has so much of it we don't know what to do with it. On Tuesday, as Paxton was finishing his round of meds, I took Lorelei to the doctor to find out that she too had bronchitis, except much worse off. Well the doctor put the poor baby on so much medication that she has been miserable this week. With the antibiotics, steroids and breathing treatments she has cried all week and just wanted to be held! Oh and of course we are absolutely not eating either! Bless her little heart, I wanted to take her off the meds but when I called they said no way. Yesterday was her last day and I am telling you she is a totally different child today. She is so happy and perky, snotty too! Hopefully that last bit of coughing and snot will go away without the need for more medicine!




My Little Thumbsucker- poor baby!

Ok, on to the sophisticated part. Josh and I had a real treat TWICE this week to get to go out and be adults! On Tuesday night we went to a reception and had lovely food and got to watch a fantastic play! We really enjoyed ourselves! Then last night, we had a black tie event! We haven't been that dressed up since our wedding. It was gala for a medical foundation that Josh went to for his business. Josh looked so handsome in his tux and I got to put on a pretty dress and get my nails done! Whoohoo! That doesn't happen much either! So anyway, it was a fun but very long evening! Thanks to grandmama for spending the night over here so we could be out late to enjoy ourselves! And thanks to Lala, Pam, Von and Grandaddy who also helped watch the kiddos this week.
Ah, so today, on March 1, after no snow all winter we got a day full of it! We had pretty much given up on the idea of snow this year but low and behold is snowed for 6 hours straight today. We probably have 2-3 inches of snow and it was so beautiful. I love getting all comfy and knowing that you are going to be snowed in for a while. The kids of course, especially Paxton, were super excited to see the huge snowflakes coming down. We only went out for a little while with them both recovering from bronchitis (I can see it now: "No, doctor, I have no idea how they got pneumonia, I have been so careful with them!"). Anyway, it was amazingly cold as well and it was all Josh and I could stand to be out!
So now you are all updated. Josh has been after me for a while about my slow updates but you know, I do my best!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You both looked GREAT for your formal!!!:) Are you sure you weren't sercetly at the Oscars??!!;)