Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Festivities- Preschool Style!

My little Lorelei had her Christmas program this week and it was a hoot! That girl is something else. First of all she has been singing these songs for months now but when any one asks her if she is having a Christmas program she tells them no, even though she knows better. Anyway, she was so funny during the show. She became fascinated with the pre-k classes behind her and watched them the whole time- so guess what we got to see during the three year old songs?- Her back! I think she'd prefer to be with the older kids as she sang all of their songs, did their movements, and watched them during her songs! Oh my! She was also checking out her new reindeer shirt which was entirely too big for her as well! Oh and just a side note, her bow was not on top at the front of her head when I sent her to school that morning (of course it never looks like how I fixed it when I pick her up each day!) Josh says nobody noticed, but I just have to throw that in!

After the program we had her class Christmas party. I am the room mom for her class so I was running around like crazy! The kids had a blast playing Christmas bingo, eating pizza, opening lots of gifts and decorating Christmas tree brownies. Lorelei and I were exhausted by the end and we both needed a nap that day!

So here is the one song that she decided to participate in when it was actually her turn to participate. It's Away in A Manger- but the not the one you think of - a more jazzed up version!



My little curly locks!
Singing before it starts- I guess she got all of her singing out before hand.

Checkin' out her awesome reindeer shirt- man, some cool person must have made those babies!
Grandaddy kept Paxton entertained before it started.
Lorelei has her own little row of fans- Mama, Daddy, Paxton, Von, Pam, Grandmama and Grandaddy!
Checking out her cool Santa glasses that Ms. Debbie gave the class. When you put these on and look at Christmas lights, all the lights sparkle and glow like a Santa head- very cool!

Lorelei and her good friend Alli, playing Christmas Bingo. The little girls in Lorelei's class are for the most part much bigger and older than she. They like to pick her up and carry her around. They play mommy and baby all the time and Lorelei is "their" baby! They are always telling her how cute she is! Hmmm. . .now I see where her diva attitude is coming from.
Lorelei, Paxton and I spent several hours the day before making these Christmas tree brownies for her class. They turned out really cute and yummy!

No comments: