Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our Gingerbread House

Last week Paxton got to see the fourth graders at his school gingerbread house projects. This is a huge event every year and Paxton got to "tour the homes." Since then he has really wanted to make a gingerbread house of his own so I went to Target and got the pre-built house (thanks to my friend telling me how difficult it was to make them stand up when trying to do it on your own). The easier the better for me!

I put the icing on, and it's a good thing I don't have to ice for a living! I put all the candy out in bowls and let them have at it! They had so much fun and although it didn't look professional it sure was cute! We have had a blast making things this Christmas season and so here is one of our projects!

This is the look they give me when I tell them to make sure their eyes are open for the picture! Ha!

Whohoo for my icing job!
A little more of a natural look- I caught her smiling before she knew I was taking the picture.
Paxton wanted everything to be a pattern.
Lorelei's alligator (Joe) was having some fun eating the candy as well!

3 comments:

emily said...

cute! you know i love anything with icing. :) i had to laugh about you getting the kids to open their eyes. i have to do the same thing.... and caroline plasters such a fake smile on... not even a smile! it's a rarity to catch her actual smile on camera, which is a shame. oh well! i just keep snappin', and eventually i get one! :) we made and iced cookies today, so i'll have to blog about it soon. have a merry christmas!

Ashley said...

Ahh, the 4th grade gingerbread houses, still the highlight of elementary school!:) Looks great!

Katie said...

Cracks me up that Lorelei plays with an alligator...named Joe. I would have pinned her for more of a Barbie girl. Cute!