Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Great Week!

Paxton had a great week at school! I just have to brag on my boy because we have had some difficulty in the behavior area at school. However, this week he was super everyday! His teachers even gave him a certificate at the end of the week for best behavior! Paxton was so proud of himself and we are sooo happy about his good choices!! Yeah for Pax!!
Paxton also had something else that made his week great: He read his first book! I had checked out an easy reader at the library and this morning I got it out to see what he could do. I was amazed that he could read all 23 pages mostly by himself! I helped him with really only a couple of words but most sentences he read on his own!! I am so proud of my little reader and he was pretty proud too! I guess I will need to fish out all my kindergarten and first grade easy reader books now, I knew saving them would come in handy one day!

2 comments:

digging a hole to China said...

how fun!!! hooray for paxton. we have checked out that book too. but we are nowhere close to reading it on our own. wish i had your knowledge and talent. i haven't a clue what to do with him beyond his letters. sometimes i write a word for him to sound out and then i draw a picture to match and he has to guess the word. he thinks this game is fun, but it is the only game thing i have thought to do. his grandma comes this weekend for aidyn's birthday so maybe i can get some tips for her since she is an early childhood reading teacher.

Unknown said...

Yeah Paxton!!! Tell Pax that Aunt Amy and Uncle Jerry are very proud of him for making good choices at school and for reading his first book!!!