Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The BIG 4!!

My little man turned 4 today! I just cannot believe it. Of course it shouldn't be too hard to believe since he has been talking about it since the day he turned 3! He has been so excited about this birthday, I guess it will be more and more like that every year. Paxton was so funny this morning when he woke up, he was quite upset and we were like "What's wrong, it's your birthday!" He said, real pitifully, "But I don't look any bigger!" I think he really thought he would actually be bigger on his fourth birthday!

Paxton's party celebrations began yesterday when I took cupcake cones to his school for a little party. We had Captain Hook plates and napkins and I made cupcakes in ice cream cones for the kids in his class. They were all so cute and kept calling me Paxton's mom, like "Hey Paxton's mom, what are these cupcakes made out of; Paxton's mom, thanks for the cupcakes." Too funny! I think Paxton's teacher Ms. Venable was glad when I got there because she said he had been asking all day when I would be coming!

Last night my parents came over to give him some presents since we decided to combine the family and friends party this year. It has been just way too crazy to do two parties for him plus my birthday this week and my dad's next- we kind of get on party overload! This morning we made biscuits (his favorite) and put a candle in it for breakfast. Then we gave him the presents we had gotten him this year. Our main gift to him were dress up boy clothes. Lorelei has been playing dress up for quite some time now and he has always complained about not getting to so we got him a bunch of different clothes to dress up in: pirates, Superman, Spiderman, Frankenstein, fireman, magician, gladiator and a few more that I can't think of now. He seems pretty excited about them- I got a nice bin to store them in his closet so he can get them out anytime. I think his favorite thing is the sword or rather swords I should say. He has been wanting one forever but we have held off just because we didn't feel he was ready. So we will see if he can handle it the right way!

After presents this morning we got ready for the big party with his friends at Chuck E Cheese. Oh man, is all I can say about that! The party was at noon for 12 kids and their parents along with the rest of the city who were there. CRAZY!!! I am totally exhausted as I imagine all the parents and kids who attended are too. It was just wildness, with kids running around and loud music and flashing lights. Don't get me wrong, I think everyone had a great time, or at least the kids did. It was just difficult for the parents to keep up with their kids wanting to play this game and that. I am glad we did it because Paxton had fun but I don't think it will EVER be a repeat again (I hear my parents sighing a big huge relief!) Anywho, fun, pizza, cake, loud music, tons of people, and games can only equal one thing = wild children! I am glad all of Paxton's friends got to come and those who didn't- we missed you!
Oh, and yes all the parents now officially love me even more now because I gave each child a sword and eye patch for a party gift (it was a pirate party)! Especially those who have more than one boy at home! Your welcome, and as Cheri said "I'll remember your kindness and repay you in full!"

So here are the pics from yesterday and today. I was too busy to take some really good ones but I think I got a decent amount. I hope to post another blog on Paxton and who is he now!!

The cupcake cones. I got this great idea from my friend Suzanne who made some like this for Lorelei's birthday in the spring. They turned out really cute and are easy for the kids to pick up and eat. The only difficulty was carrying them to the school without them tipping over!

Paxton's table at school.

The other table at school. Great ratio- 10 kids and 2 teachers-we do like that!

Paxton and Ms. Venable

Lorelei enjoying a cupcake before I took them to Paxton' s school.

One of the gifts from Grandmama and Grandaddy was this really cool speaker that can change your voice any many ways- it's also super loud!

This morning, Paxton with his presents at home.

Pirate Paxton. He begged for this eye patch all week and then he wore for like 2 seconds at the party- oh well!

The Peter Pan and Captain Hook Pirate Ship Cake- turned out too cute!

Don't you think I am so talented? . . .

See how I took the time for detail of the ship even in the back. . . took my hours upon hours . . .

Ok, you got me, no I did not make this. Obviously compared to my master skills on the cupcakes- Publix made this- Paxton loved it. The manager at Chuck E Cheese gave us extra tokens for the best cake award!

TJ, Ryder and Jonah watching Paxton race his car.

Aunt Jessica and Luke playing basketball- is Micah in there too?

Lorelei and Katie, the only two princesses at the party. Katie and Lorelei are so cute, giving hugs and love to each other!

A little birthday dance with the big guy himself, Chuck E Cheese.

Blowing out the candle- my camera is so slow it wouldn't actually flash in time to take the picture of him blowing it out but you get the idea.

So I also wanted to take this space to tell my sweet husband how much I appreciated the wonderful blog he did for me the other day. I love it! He took me out for a very nice QUIET dinner, just the two of us, for my 30th birthday. It was just what I needed!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What a party!! I got tired just reading about all the excitement at Chuck-E-Cheese!!:)
Great picture of you and Josh too!!:) You make 30 look awesome!!
Happy Belated Bday Paxton!!

digging a hole to China said...

happy birthday Paxton!!! cool party and beautiful cake. where did you find the figures?? that's the set we used too, along with other sword bearers from disney. and we gave out knight swords. and bowling with the arcade was total chaos so seems our experiences were much the same. wish our boys were close enough to attend each other's party.