Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Big Girl Bed!

Lorelei has been in her big girl bed now for a couple of months but I forgot to take pictures of it. So here are some pictures of Lorelei's big girl room and her big girl bed. She has done very well in it. She hasn't gotten up or fallen out (knock on wood) of it yet so we are really happy about that! She loves her "big girl bed" as she calls it. Everytime I put her down to sleep we have to count the butterflies hanging above her bed and say a prayer. She must have that routine in order to go off to sleep!
We worked hard on getting that furniture, bedding, canopy sheers, butterflies, etc. I had a picture in my mind of how I wanted it to be. Something to last her a long while! Loved how it turned out, but I still have a few things more to do to the walls. The important thing is that Lorelei loves it, sleeps in it and plays in it wonderfully! The pics look kind of faded but the colors and the room are really much more vibrant than what shows below.




In other Lorelei news, last week we went to the GI doctor for a check up and they dismissed us!! Yeah! They figure there is nothing else to do and that maybe she's just going to be small! I know, go figure after all those months and two years of worry, agony and tests! She is very small, 23.6 lbs and 32 inches. I don't know where that falls on the charts percentage wise but I am sure it is small. We are supposed to keep checks with our pediatrician but we don't have to go back to the GI anymore! Yeah, what a blessing! After her visit, her sweet little doctor wanted to take her upstairs to meet all the office staff and other doctors who weren't working at the hospital. One lady even gave Lorelei a brand new bear, just because she was so cute!! Lorelei of course decided to be shy and at one point she put her head up against the wall and said "This is terrible!" Oh, the drama, I wonder who she gets that from??!!!

Below are some pics that I took the other day of the kiddos. I thought they were too cute not to share!



2 comments:

Ashley said...

Praise God that the appointment went well!!:) Her room is adorable......fit for a princess!!

digging a hole to China said...

love the room. aidyn has that bedding in green. i don't think aidyn has even ever noticed it. but if it had swords on it she would be in heaven. :)