Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

My Little Gymnast!

Ok, so we're not like an Olympic gymnast or anything but hey we like to have fun! Lorelei has been taking gymnastics for the past 6 months and she loves it! We go every week to a Mommy and me class. It has really helped Lorelei with some of her physical skills that she has been behind it. It's really an extension of her physical therapy. Anyway, I finally took my camera today for it to die halfway through the class. So you will get to see the pictures from the first half of class only. I will try to take it back sometime for the last part of class too.

We begin each week with stretching and songs. I think this is Lorelei's favorite part. She likes to "direct" the teacher and others as well during this time. The teacher told me one time that if she was ever sick, would Lorelei teach the class for her? Hmmm. . . I just don't know where she gets it from! Honestly, though Lorelei loves it and all her little friends in there too. They are all mostly younger than she is but skill wise and size wise, she fits well into the class.
After songs, we get on the tumble trek, which is like a very long trampoline. The kids jump down the trek into the pit. Ok, well Lorelei doesn't exactly jump, more like runs down it (we are still working on that part!) Then we move over to the preschool equipment. The kids do stuff like the balance beam, forward and backward rolls, hanging from the bars and mini trampoline jumps. Lorelei enjoys the activities where she is on the floor (hanging upside down and somersaults are not her thing) and that she can control.

At the end of class we do some parachute activities and then the kids get stamps. At the end, Lorelei goes around and hugs the teacher but also each parent too. What a hoot! She is just too cute with her lovin'! So here are the pictures. I am not too good at action shots, which of course most of gymnastics is, but here are some that I got before the good ole camera battery died. The video is of one the songs- I think she gets her shaking dance moves from her daddy!

Running around the parachute, smiling at everyone as she goes!
Doing the "candlestick"
Dancing to the music
Wagging her little doggie tale
Doing "Jack in the Box"
Running, oh, I mean jumping down the tumble trek
Chillin' in the pit!
Here I come through the obstacle course!

No comments: