Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Weeked Begins . . .

We are in the midst of an Easter packed weekend! It started Thursday at Paxton's preschool with an Easter Egg hunt. Of course he was so excited to have me there and he had a great time finding the eggs with his friends. I got a few cute pics of him before he somehow fell into the one and only mud puddle on the whole playground! That's a boy for ya!
Our next activity was our annual dying of the Easter Eggs. I felt better about this year because we have done it before. The kids had a great time picking out the colors, Lorelei's were all purple and pink, needless to say! It took a really long time though! Excuse the bedhead and pajamas pictures, I just didn't want to get any dye on their nice clothes. So now we have a cute little basket full of Easter eggs with our little bunny. I can now say I decorated for Easter right?
Today we did two Easter festivals and we are pooped to prove it! This morning we started off at the Church Easter Egg festival. There were lots of crafts, a jump up, a bubble man, and the cookie decorating booth, and the face painting. Paxton got an awesome Spider Man face. (We tried to wash it off when he got home but I think Spidey may stick around on his face for a while!) Lorelei wanted a purple flower (shocker!) They both had fun doing the crafts and games and after that we had a time for praise and worship for the kids. Then the Easter egg hunt followed. They split the kids up in groups and this year Paxton was in the older kids group so I took the camera with me. Lorelei did pretty well getting the eggs but huge meltdowns followed after mean old mommy would only let her eat one piece of candy! She usually doesn't react so strongly when she doesn't get her way, but man, she let me know how unfair I was being!
Paxton did pretty well considering how they did the Easter Egg hunt for his group. They put the 4 year olds- 2nd graders together and let the 1st and 2nd graders go first. I mean, really, does that make much sense? So by the time the 4 and 5 year olds got out there the older kids had gotten pretty much everything! We weren't too pleased with the planning on that one. Hopefully next year the can arrange it differently.
So after the church festival, we ran over to our local town's Easter egg festival. They had an Easter Egg hunt, the Easter bunny, crafts, the whole works. The kids were pretty worn out and hungry after a while so we just did a few fun things and left. They did make the cutest Easter cupcakes at The Fresh Market. They were ginormous! We let the kids eat them for lunch and I think they each ate maybe a fourth of it! So that's been our fun filled weekend thus far. I still need to post our visit with the Easter bunny earlier this week and of course we will have lots of pictures for tomorrow and family fun! So this is it for now. Enjoy!

Cute Little Man!


An action shot! I never can get these so I was happy to get this one!

Love this one!

Getting ready to dye some eggs!


Our beautiful basket of eggs! Do you like my bunny decor? Aren't I festive!


Excuse the pjs and bedhead!

Handsome dude!

If only she would look at the camera AND smile at the same time!



Spider Man, don't you love it! Ms. Trenise is so talented!

Lorelei and Emilie. These girls love each other. Emilie is Paxton's age, but Lorelei adores her!

Emilie, Lorelei and Ms. Debbie, our Children's Minister.


The Bubble Man. Paxton and daddy went outside to see him. Did I mention it was FREEZING today! And yes, I dressed my kids like it was the middle of summer!

Lorelei hunting her eggs. Can't believe she picked these up, they weren't pink or purple!
Ahh, see her peaceful face? A few minutes after this picture it did not look so nice!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thanks for the detailed post...I actually felt like i was there!:)
May you have a blessed Easter!