Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Lost City

We have just returned from the lost city of Atlantis! Ok, not the real one but the vacation spot in the Bahamas. We had a really great family trip, yes we took the kids (everybody asks!) and they loved it too! Josh and I went a couple of years ago and decided the kids needed to go too, so we brought them along. We had a fabulous and relaxing vacation just chilling out at the pool/beach and watching the kiddos have some fun. I know, you might say "You went all the way to the Bahamas for that?" But there is much more to Atlantis than just a kiddie pool. There are actually over 40 different pools on this resort, that happens to be the largest in the world. So that kept us busy during the days and at night you ask? Well, Atlantis also holds the name for housing the largest aquarium in the world. So needless to say my kids were mighlty entertained with the amazing sea creatures, endless tunnels and mazes and just the overall atmosphere of the Atlantis. There were also tons of restaurants (although not as many as the first time we went) for us to enjoy in the evening.

Speaking of restaurants and eating, my little Lorelei is not so little anymore. That girl put it away while we were on vacation! Just to give you a little frame of reference, just for snacks/lunch I brought 2 boxes of pb&j, a box of nutrigran bars, a box of granola bars, a box of rice krispie treats and a box of packaged peanut butter crackers- by day 3 it was almost all gone and definitely finished by day 4! Lorelei gained 2 pounds over the week, which would be the equivalent of me gaining 13 pounds in one week! So anyway, we are super excited about that. Ok I digress, back to the topic.

So, we had a good time playing and eating and seeing the sights. I also enjoyed a nice Mother's Day while we were down there just being with my family. I must mention another highlight of mine at least. Atlantis holds lots of concerts and while we were down there the Jonas brothers performed and later that week Miley Cyrus was performing. So one night while we were walking around the marina shopping village there we ran into Miley! She was just shopping around with her family, of course a few body guards but really not that many people had even noticed. I wanted to get a picture but the body guards said they would confiscate my camera (which I found out later that they couldn't actually have done that!). A friend that we met down there took some pics and said she would email them to me. Ok, Josh you can stop laughing at me now!

I have been trying to narrow down the tons of pictures I took so here are some for now and I will have to post more later.
Thank goodness for the Leapster. This thing kept Paxton entertained at the airports while we had to wait!
Food kept Lorelei entertained at the airports, seriously.


The first night we arrived.


The first night we ate at a place called Bimini Road. They had all kinds of cool things for the kids. We had a balloon guy come to our table and then a really cool magician entertained our table for the rest of dinner. The kids loved the personal attention!

The Dig was one of the many aquarium spots that we spent lots of time at.


The view from our room.

Another view from our room. This pictures shows one of the many water slides here.


This is a partial picture of the Royal Towers. Atlantis has many different places or buildings you can stay at. The Beach, Coral, and Royal Towers, the Cove, the Reed and Harborside.


Some sweet shots of my beach beauty!


My little beach bum. This boy is just like his mama and daddy, he tans and his gets all sun bleached! He looks so cute! Lorelei on the other hand got somebody else's skin because she burns like crazy. I keep them both good and covered (we went through one can of 50spf in 3 days!) but especially my little princess!

The bridge you see in between at the top is actually called the Michael Jordon suite. It is priced at $25,000 a night. We could only afford two nights in it this time. HA!

So I love this picture for a couple of reasons. One is because it is a great shot of me and Josh but two because Paxton took it for us. Didn't he do great? He ended up taking several great shots of us throughout the vacation.

However, this is what happened sometimes!

The end of an evening. The kids were exhausted from playing and walking so much. I think we were all in bed and asleep every night by 8:30!

No comments: