Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pre K Graduation

I just can't believe that my little man just graduated from Pre-K! I thought I was all prepared for this cute ceremony but I really wasn't! We had just gotten back from vacation the night before and so I was rushing around trying to get to the school for graduation (in fact, my mom, dad and Josh all beat me there!). So I got there just in the nick of time. I did not know they would be in caps and gowns and they would march in to the graduation processional! Oh my! Boy, did my mommy tears begin to swell up in my eyes! He was just too cute and I just couldn't believe we had gotten to the end of the year already.

It was a darling ceremony with the kids singing all kinds of songs about growing up and going to kindergarten. They also signed the alphabet while saying it in Spanish and I must say I was pretty impressed! They each got a diploma and at the end they had each written a paragraph about what they wanted to be when they grew up and why with a picture. All the kids stood up introducing themselves and then they read their papers. I didn't know if Paxton had done one since we had been gone the previous week, I was afraid he just wouldn't get a turn but I was excited when he stood up for his turn. He stood up and read the paper he had written and it said: "Hi, my name is Paxton and when I grow up I want to be a basketball player because I like to dribble the ball and I am very good at it!" So cute! He does love to dribble that ball, makes his daddy proud! (Of course we do have this all on video but I still don't know how to convert it from the hard drive.) Then they all threw their caps in the air and the ceremony part was over. We went back to his classroom (the ceremony was supposed to be outside but alas the weather had other plans for the ceremony) and had refreshments. His teachers Ms. Spencer and Ms. Hayer had made scrapbooks for them from throughout the year and gave each of them a wooden letter from their name.

Paxton has done really well overall this year, not without some bumps of course but we are really thankful for his school and teachers who worked with Paxton and us to help him achieve academic and social success. We have been blessed this year and we are really praying hard about next year and kindergarten. We feel Paxton is ready and although being the youngest will be a challenge for him, we pray he will succeed and grow in favor with God and man! We love you little dude!

Getting his diploma from Ms. Spencer

Reading his what I want to be paper.
Signing the alphabet in Spanish.

Paxton, Ms. Hayer, and Ms. Spencer, Pre K Graduation 2009

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congratulations Paxton!! Love the cap and gown!:)