Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day! It has been a great Mother's Day weekend for me. Josh and the kids took me out shopping and out to eat so we had a great weekend celebrating! Today the whole family got together to celebrate mothers. I just wanted to take this blog to list the top ten reason why I love my mom so much!
1. She loves me no matter what I do or have done!

2. She loves my kids no matter what they do or have done too!

3. She makes a huge effort to be there for me when I need some help with watching my kids.

4. She is always there to listen to me gripe, cry, whine, about whatever is going on in my life.

5. I love the way my mom has always show me the "other side" of things. Whenever I see life in one perspective she always tries to show me another way to look at things- on the positive side! Sometimes I don't appreciate it then, but in the long run she has given me great perspective!

6. I love the way my mom shines her light for Christ. She has and probably always will be involved in Bible studies, teaching women's classes, and quietly ministering to those who need her. She has a quiet and gentle spirit and many people look to her for Godly wisdom and advice- including me! I only hope that I can be half as wise and knowledgeable in God's word as she is!

7. I love how my mom knows what to say and when! I have a way of sometimes letting everything I think come out of my mouth or at least show it on my face. My mom knows when things should be said and when to hold her tongue. She knows that a gentle spirit goes a lot further than a tongue that cannot be held!

8. I love how my mom respects my dad. Now that I am married, I see it being so hard to not get upset when he comes home late or to hold my tongue when I don't like how is doing something. I love the relationship between my mom and dad, it is true, pure, loyal and most of all loving!

9. I love the way my mom takes care of my kids and loves my husband like her own. I love how she knows them and thinks about them and their needs. I love how she plays with my kids, holds them, reads to them, feeds them, talks to them at any time no matter what the inconvenience to her!
10. I love my mom for who she is and who she has brought me up to be! It is so tough being a mom and now I see the daily challenges she faced bringing up small children. I am so proud to be her daughter!

Here are some pictures below of our Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there!



It's really hard to get 4 small kids to look at the camera at the same time. Here is Grandmama and most of her grandchildren.

Gotta throw this cute one in of Grandaddy reading to the boys before Sunday lunch!

Me and my two precious children. I love being their mom, they are God's greatest gifts to me!

No comments: