Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Whew, what a weekend!


We just got back from a wonderful weekend in Nashville, Tennessee. It really was a lot of fun for the whole family. Why Nashville? Well my wonderful sweet friend from college, Christie Perry, was getting married this weekend, so of course I couldn't miss it! We decided months ago that we would all go and stay with our friends the Duncans while we were there. Unfortunately, their kids came down with an ugly virus and we didn't get to stay with them or even see them! But we managed to find a hotel and have a great time anyway!

Thursday night, I got to go to a wonderful dinner at the bride's sister's house. Julie hosted a wonderful party for Christie and her friends. It was so great to see all my sweet friends from college again! We love getting together every summer and this summer we were blessed to see each other for Christie's wedding! Josh and the kids hung out at the hotel and did some swimming. The next day we went to Murfreesboro to Ashley's house, where the all the girls were staying. Ashley took us to this really cool science kids museum. It was very hands on and my kids loved it! Of course Lorelei loved some parts a little too much (see picture below). I am loving this new camera and we took tons of pictures, believe me when I say this is the narrowed down version. I will post more later about our weekend but I had so many pics from the museum that I had to make a whole post about it.

Emily and me.


Ashley and me



Emily and her sweet baby Ameila. Such a cutie!



The beautiful bride to be, Christie.


Pax at the museum. This kid loves to figure out how things work, this place was perfect for him!


Lorelei and Noah on the giraffes!


A little water experiment.




I have no idea about this one, daddy took this pic.


Ashley and her sweet kiddo Noah.


Lorelei was loving digging in the rocks for fossils.

Don't be decieved by her smile, wait for it . . .

This exhibit was perfect for Paxton since he is very much into dinosaurs right now.


Dad and Mom looking happy and pleased with our well behaved . . .


Oh, wait did I say well behaved? Ahh, yes my favorite shot of the weekend. Lorelei in a full out tantrum because we made her leave the rock site. We are just so mean and she wanted to make sure to let all my friends and everyone at the museum know it!

Moments later. . .happiness with a new exhibit. This is what happens when a little lady doesn't get her nap AND goes to bed late!

Doing some construction work.

Lorelei was really into these blocks!




The slide that went from the top to bottom floor. Paxton loved this slide and went down it many times.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Two comments on your photos:

1. How in the world were you able to take a picture of Lorelei mid tantrum??!! Somehow I think it may make it in HER wedding slideshow someday!!:)

2. I told you that I would look like an albino when we took a picture together....I wasn't lying!!

It was great to see you all this weekend!! So glad that you were able to see our house and a little of our life here!!:)