Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Final Product


















For all you readers out there (all 3 of you) here is Paxton' school project that you have so anticipated seeing! It took me quite a while, even though it doesn't look like it, because I didn't have enough room for everything I wanted. I am pretty pleased with the end result. Although, what took me a couple hours, probably would take most of you creative moms out there a few minutes!! When I showed Josh, he was like, did Paxton help you? I said "no way, it was hard enough for me to do by myself." Then it kind of occurred to me that this was more of parent project then child. I saw the other kids' projects today and they were really good too. People go all out when the teacher says "Get creative." However, funny story, I did see Paxton's teacher send one back home with a mom this morning. She told her to try harder! Ha! That poor mom, she didn't realize that she was in a class with a bunch of perfectionist mothers. No, but really, her wouldn't have looked right with all the others up there and I think she realized it after Ms. Cathy showed her some of the other posters. Anyway, I guess I have officially done my first school project now- hey I am doing good in pre-k 3. Oh wait, I am not the one who is in school!

If you can't tell, this is actually just 1/4 of a piece of construction paper, so I really didn't have a lot of room. Other kids posters squeezed pictures on every ounce of the paper but I just didn't have the right pictures to do that. So if you can't tell, this poster is supposed to be about Paxton and his family- what we like to do, etc. So I have Disney World and ticket stub (because my kids are absolutely obsessed with Mickey since we went there this summer), the Beach (Paxton is always saying he wants to go back to the villa, which is where we stayed this summer), the family Spartan picture and ticket stub from the game, the Grandmama and Grandaddy picture (he loves them to pieces, sorry to Lala, Pam, Von, Granny, Matt, Jessica, Luke and Nathan, I just couldn't' squeeze that big picture of us all on there- but you know that Paxton adores you all), My Gym picture in the ball pit, and then I have a picture of Paxton holding his Bible that he got when he graduated from the nursery (he loves to carry his Bible to our Bible study- he says "This is God's word."- I love it) So I thought these things overall encompassed who Paxton and his family are. Of course there is much more to him and us but I though that hit the highlights!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Kim!! All those elementary ed classes at Harding paid off!!:) Dr. Carrol would be proud!!

digging a hole to China said...

josh asked if paxton helped bc he wanted to get you back for allowing that spartans ticket to edge in on his mug. i think the poster looks fabulous. my favorite is Paxton in ballpit. looks professional. spence had to take a family photo to preschool this week for share time and then photos are hung on the bulletin board ALL year. of course we don't have a single photo of all three kids looking at camera and also looking lucid so we just sent one wherein spence looked great, but jeremy's head is turned down adjusting preston. so i guess spencer will just introduce his dad's hair to his friends. oh well.

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Your poster looked great. We do All About Me books in Kindergarten and they are precious. I love finding out about my kids this way. They love to look at pictures of themselves! :) Hope to see you soon!
Love,
Christie