Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Standing in the need of grace

Ok, just a couple of cute stories today about Paxton. Last week, Paxton was in time out in his room and we were quite upset with him. When Josh went upstairs to talk to him he opened the door to hear Paxton singing, "It's a me, it's a me, it's a me O Lord, standing in the need of grace." (Yes grace, not prayer, I was confused -to my girls that I sent the email to) We didn't even know that he knew that song much less sing it at a very appropriate time. He was definitely standing in the need of some grace, but hey, aren't' we all?

Next, we have been trying to help Paxton be more positive. I imagine most three year olds go through the negative "I don't want to, I don't like that, I don't need your help, etc. etc." stage. So we are trying to get him to be more positive. So we taught him and talked with him about the verse "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." And I tell you, he says it all the time now and his attitude has really changed. Even his preschool teacher spoke about how great his attitude was yesterday! A lot of prayer and God's word can make such a difference even in spirit of a three year old!

No comments: