Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 13, 2007

What I do all day

So what does little Lorelei do all day while Paxton is gone to school?

I read! Lorelei loves her books. She dumps them all on the floor on daily basis, well more like an hourly basis. The one she has in the picture is a book on opposites. This is her favorite book right now. She can point to pictures and say happy, sad, long, short, fast, hot, cold. She is too funny when she wants you to read her a book she turns around and starts backing into your lap. Yesterday I was sitting all the way across the room and she turned around and backed her way across the room and sat down in my lap.

I feed my baby dolls! I got Lorelei some new baby bottles for her dolls with the pretend milk and juice in them. She loves to "wok" her "baby" as she says and feed them too.

I put on my hats! Lorelei has a little obsession with hats. She loves them and always wants to wear one, unless of course I actually want her to. She is saying hat in the picture. Her favorite hat is her "Mickey hat", which is actually her Minnie Mouse ears hat but she doesn't say Minnie yet.

I sit with my "daddeee!" Ok, she actually does this when daddy comes home. She asks for him all day and she has finally learned to say "daddy wook," during the day. She gets so excited when she hears him come home at the end of the day, it is so cute!

I love to be me!! Lorelei is very friendly and smiley to everyone. She waves and says "Hi!!" to people in the store or where ever we go. She is at such a fun age because I can tell she is learning so much everyday. I can tell her to go get something for me or to do something and she comprehends and does it. She also sings "A B C," well that is as far as she gets right now. She can count a little (two and then nine and ten) and she has learned "circle." I think back to all that has happened with her and I know we are so blessed that she is doing so incredibly well!

3 comments:

Max's Family said...

Wow! As I was reading all she is able to do at this age I was thinking the same thing, she is doing incredibly well for all that she's been through. It gives me hope!

Yes, a tube came out of the ventricle, which I also didn't know was possible. Luckily, his brain has been doing the work necessary to drain the fluid, to this point in time. We have a CT scan coming up next week to be sure the ventricles haven't gotten larger and there's no swelling. The dr.s seem to think it has probably been this way for awhile, but I guess they are double checking. We have an appt. with the new neurosurgeon next week and our old neuro is meeting with us one last time the week after that. The CT last week also showed a small speck of blood on his brain, seemingly not related to the original bleeds. So hopefully we'll be finding out more about that too. I'll update after all our appointments. I'm so glad Lorelei is doing so well. That is such a huge blessing and it makes me so happy to read about her.

Max's Family said...

By the way, I think he just has one tube, too. So his shunt must not be functioning at all. I hope his body can keep up the good work!

Max's Family said...

By the way, I think he just has one tube, too. So his shunt must not be functioning at all. I hope his body can keep up the good work!