Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I can do it myself!!

Lately, Paxton has been going through the "I can do it myself" phase. He wants to do everything by himself even if it takes him forever or if he can't do it. I am actually proud that he is trying to do so much alone because it shows that he is growing up. On Sunday, he tried to put on his long sleeved button up dress shirt by himself. I heard this yelling and I was wondering what was going on. I went in Paxton's room to see Josh patiently sitting down watching Paxton trying to put on his shirt. I don't think he actually got it but hey, he is trying and that's what counts. Paxton is a hoot, always saying funny things. Here are some of the things I have heard him say recently:
*To the 6 year old neighbor boy: "Say it, Say it!!! You say yes sir to me!!" Oh dear.

*Concerning mama getting upset with traffic: " Mama, it's ok, you don't need to worry about that." How true.

*Having a great day at school: "I had a GREAT DAY!!!" Then breaks into a chorus of "I'm Happy today" as loud as he can in the school parking lot! So cute.


*Granddaddy and Paxton have this game with a book at their house, now Paxton goes around saying to everybody: "War and Peace by Mr. Tolstoy." As if we read that to him at night.

*I hear Paxton talking up a storm in the next room. Paxton who are you talking to? "Oh, hey mama, I am just having a conversation with myself." Oh, ok.

There are a million other cute things that of course I can't think of right now. Here are some pictures I have captured of Paxton "doing it himself." The one I am proudest of is the one where he wrote his NAME!!! I could not believe it. We were out Saturday night and Paxton and Lorelei were with my parents. Grandmama gave him some paper and pencil to write with and then went to do something with Lorelei. When she came back he said "Look, I wrote my name." And sure enough he had! I knew that he knew how to spell it and recently he has been starting to write some letters but we had not done him name yet. You can see in the picture it is at the bottom right corner. He ran out of room for the "n"(it's kind of in the middle of the paper) so he went back and put it at the front of his name. Still, pretty good for a 3 year old! There are other letters that he and Grandmama were practicing later on the paper.

I can write my name.


I can spell some words. This is Leap Frog's Word Whammer, and Paxton loves to spell words here!

No more sippy cups for me! He has been doing this for a while now.


I love to play the piano! Well, it more like loud noise but still, it's music to him!


I can put on my shoes now too! Yeah! That is a lifesaver for mommy!

No comments: