Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Big Birthday Boy!

I cannot believe that my little Pax is 3 years old today! It sounds soooo old!! We had a great day today for Paxton. It started with birthday balloons all over the house, which he loved (really he played with the balloons more than any other gift). Then he went to Waffle House with daddy, which is a special treat. Josh and Paxton used to go every Friday when Paxton was in school last year, but they haven't got to go as regularly lately. We also gave Paxton his gifts from us which included a Spring Rocking horse (he has been wanting one forever because his cousin Luke has one and his aunts also have one of my dads at their house), a CD player and the mac daddy gift (and yes, his daddy picked it out and got it for him), a new Jeep Hurricane Power Wheels (not yet assembled because we were last minute and got it today, pictures of that to come.) Funny Story on that one: Tonight as family was leaving, we said hey come look at Paxton's big gift (it was in the box in the laundry room). Someone said teasingly "Hey Paxton did you get a new washer?" Well we went in the laundry room and everybody was admiring the new gift, Paxton ran past the Jeep power wheels and after a few minutes of studying our washing machine, he yells (notice I am using that word a lot today, gives you a picture of how our day went!) "Hey, did you guys get me a new washer or what?"


Balloons everywhere! They said Happy 3rd Birthday!


The new spring rocking horse! (I think I am starting to see where Lorelei gets her cheezy smile from)

The next adventure of the day involved bowling. Wow, was that something else. I bet you didn't know you could take a 3 year old and 16 month bowling, huh? Well, it can be done, not easily, but possible. That is a blog for another day. Anyway, this evening we had our big family party. It was lots of fun. Anytime you get the four cousins together there's sure to be a good (and loud) time! Paxton opened presents from the rest of the family. He would open each gift and then say I want to open another one. At the end he stood up and yelled "Thank You Everybody!!" Next we had cake and ice cream. I decided to be adventurous and make his cake this year. I figured every kid needs a homemade birthday cake at some point and I have not made him homemade ones in the past. So I made a Wiggles cake with sprinkles in the cake and icing. It was very homemade looking but he loved it and it tasted pretty good! It was a exciting evening, full of sugar and hyper children. I think Paxton really enjoyed his special day and there is more to come with Saturday being the big friends party. And after tonight I remembered why I didn't invite 20 2 and 3 year olds to my house! We are having his party at My Gym on Saturday, they do the entertaining, serving of food and clean up. I think we got the good deal on that one! I also have a ton of funny stories and little facts to post about my Pax. That will have to be another day too, as this mama is worn out and needs to go help Josh assemble that big beast of a Jeep.


I think this picture doesn't do my masterpiece justice.

Aunt Von, Paxton and Nathan

Opening gifts, tearing one little piece of paper at a time.

He could not wait until the end of the Happy Birthday song to blow out the candles!

Uncle Matt and Paxton's new Georgia Jersey. It's about time!! Yeah, no more Arkansas stuff!! (Ok, Josh still likes the Razorbacks, but this is DAWG country and a UGA family!!)

GO DAWGS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Paxton!! Great to see the pictures. Kim, hope you had a great birthday too!!:)
Glad that you had a special week!

digging a hole to China said...

happy birthday paxtonio!
no comments about that jersey.
and yes, we will be in atlanta sept. 10-15th. hope to see you all then.