Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Oh, the funny things you do!

Oh, there are so many things that I love about my Pax. There are also so many things I want to record that he is doing as he becomes 3 years old. This is just a list of random things about Paxton.
1. Paxton is a sweet and loving child. He wants to love on everyone we meet, and I mean anyone and everyone. We have had to encourage him to only say I love you to family and close friends lately because he says it to everyone. I know you may think, oh that's so sweet, but the exterminating man really doesn't know what to do with a 3 year old boy telling him he loves him.
2. Paxton is still our smart boy. He amazes us with how quickly he catches on to things. He has become fascinated with flags lately and so Josh and I have said the Pledge of Allegiance to him a few times and now he has it memorized. He has also memorized our new address and phone number. He can do math, sound out words and can just catch on and figure out things so quickly!
3. He is still going through his, I will not eat food phase. It is still a struggle to get him to eat unless of course, there is sugar involved. He eats an oatmeal creme pie everyday for lunch. He loves loves loves cake and ice cream.

4. The other day I was getting ready for my night out with Josh and I came out all dressed up and he said, "Wow Mama, you're amazing!!" That will make you feel good about yourself even on the worst of days!

5. Still not a big TV/DVD watcher. In fact, in the car, he has us unplug his screen most of the time. Things he will watch: Wiggles, Mickey Mouse Club House, Avalanche Ranch (A VBS DVD with Praise and Worship songs - talk about amazing, listening to him sing the words that praise God, fills my heart with joy!!)

6. He loves to play T-Ball, soccer, football, help daddy in the yard and blow bubbles outside. In fact, he got the coolest bubble machines for his birthday. He is lovin them! He also would rather play with a gadget any day over a regular toy. He loves my parents Rumba (sp?) which is one of those vacuums that goes around the room on its own, and he loves the remote control for the fan and light. I think he would play with the oven, dishwasher, house alarm, temperature controller and much more if we let him.

7. Whenever speaking, Paxton always addresses the person he is talking to. For example "Mama, I would like to . . " "Yes, Grandmama, I think that is a great idea." etc. He has done that for as long as I can remember him talking.

8. Loves, loves, loves our preacher, Mr. Jody. Thinks he is the coolest thing ever!!

9. Yesterday he said to me "Goodness Gracious, Mama, the movie is over now!" He also says a lot "That's ok with me, Mama," when I ask him if he wants to do something. Another cute saying of his: If you ask him if he likes something he says "I surely do!" He just has the cutest expressive voice when he says it too! He also enunciates every word, he is very articulate.

10. He weighs 32 lbs and is 37 1/2 inches tall which is the 50% for both weight and height. I felt relieved about that because I thought he might not be eating enough or growing lately but I guess he is right on track!
We love our dear sweet, precious boy! He is an amazing gift of God and we thank Him for blessing us with our wonderful Paxton!!

Below are some pictures of the Jeep that Josh put together for him. I took the pictures of it inside the house. No, it is not an inside toy. It is outside now. Paxton is a pretty good driver. He can go forward and put it in reverse. He has only hit the rod iron fence and run over my flower beds a couple of time. His sister will not be allowed to ride with him for a while!


He's loving it!!

No comments: