Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Party, party!!

Paxton's My Gym party was a success!! We had so much fun and I think all 18 kids that were there did too! It was pretty crazy and crowded but hey, I wasn't in charge so it was great fun! We started off with some play time, which EVERY child wanted to play and stay in the ball pit. Someone needs to build one at my house too!

Paxton, Lorelei, Katie, Marshall (behind them- Sydney and Jonah)

Emilie, Marshall and Addie

Awww, do I have to get out??

Kristen and Luke, I think the only time these two ever got out was for cake and ice cream!!

We also played some bubble games, sorting games and sang some Wiggles songs. It was kind of crazy with children running around everywhere and only one child out of all the kids had ever even been there before. We had some great teachers, they VERY ENERGETIC! I think the main teacher even scared some of the children with her loudness and energy. Also, Ms. Jill, the manager and Paxton's teacher from this summer came just for him! He was so excited! She was like his personal assistant the whole time, doing whatever he wanted and playing just with him. We thought it was SO sweet of her to come just for his birthday since she doesn't usually do that.

Ms. Jill and Paxton


He doesn't look happy at all, does he??!!


Annabelle and Paxton and the bubble machine!


Little Lorelei loves bubbles!

Our very ENERGETIC teacher, Ms. Crystal
Singin' a Wiggly Tune!

The kids were fascinated with the teacher's rendition of Old McDonald.

Next, came the swing, rides and the birthday march. Of course all the kids wanted to get in the great big barrels that hung from the ceiling for a swing. The airplane ride hung on like a wire system and they got to ride it down to the end. The birthday march was when they hid Paxton in the back room when no one was looking and asked everyone where the birthday boy had gone? He came out waving a pink flag (yeah, pink, what were they thinking?) and dancing around to a birthday song over the speakers. It was really neat. Then all the kids gathered around the birthday boy who got to sit on the big ball and we tried to take pictures. Of course not everyone would sit at the same time and Paxton kept waving that flag in front of his face so I didn't get many good shots. It is hard to get 18 2 and 3 year olds to sit still for more than 2 seconds!

The barrel swing, birthday boy got to go first and second!


The airplane ride
The birthday marchMs. Jill, Paxton's personal assistant for the day!

Group shot: Ok, it looks like there are only girls at this party but actually there was almost an equal amount. I guess all the other boys were too busy playing to come sit!



See what I mean, PINK flag in the face!!

Ok, this post is getting long but just a few more things to share. After all the fun and games it was time to head to the party room for cupcakes and ice cream. I ordered Paxton the cutest cupcake cake in the shape of a 3. I was very excited about my little idea and couldn't wait for everybody to see it. As I walked into the party room to see if the other teacher needed any help I see her dropping the cupcake cake onto the floor!! I run to catch whatever I can so fortunately we only lost a few on the floor, however, my cute little shape of a 3 was no longer. So no one got to see the cake and no I didn't get a picture of it BEFORE the drop. Oh well, just one of those things you gotta let go of. The kids still loved the cupcakes and boy did they make a mess!! I was once again reminded of why I did not have this at my house!!


This is the cupcake AFTER the drop. I tried to put it back together the best I could but it still was smeared and strange looking.


Hey, what happened to this cake?

Oh well, tastes good anyway!

Sweet little Addie, I just had to take a picture of her face!



Party, party!

The last few shots are just of those who attended the party! Thanks to all of our friends and family who made this such a special day and party for Paxton!!


My good friends, Robin, Lori and Kara

Ed and one of his triplets, Erin

Lorelei and Katie

The parents enjoying some chat time

Michelle and baby Kamryn, and Wendy and baby Jake (born on the same day!)

No comments: